Global Gifts Local Impact Initiatives
The Global Gifts Local Impact Initiatives Committee is dedicated to working with partner organizations within Marion and Monroe Counties, Indiana and Franklin County, Ohio, to create Local Fair Trade Initiatives. These initiatives will develop economic opportunities which create and market handmade goods that are developed in line with Fair Trade Principles.
The Committee will work with Global Gifts staff and Board to:
1. Identify potential partner organizations which meet the following criteria:
- A registered business with the Secretary of State with nonprofit status, or with an application pending for nonprofit status, and
- Immigrant, refugee, or asylee communities, or
- Survivors of human trafficking, or
- People with disabilities, or
- People creating marketable handmade goods as part of mental health therapy or recovery.
2. Meet annually to assess, review, and recommend organizations to ascertain if they meet the criteria as set forth by the charter. Create a process for project approval by the Committee Chair and Executive Director.
3. Research, identify, and apply for potential sources of grant funding to support local impact initiatives.
4. Develop an annual action plan, setting priorities based on grant funding guidelines and building relationships with likeminded community partners.
5. Assist the Global Gifts Board and staff in incorporating local impact initiatives into the organization’s budget, strategic goals, and objectives.
6. Market and sell handmade goods by local impact projects in Global Gifts stores, on the Global Gifts website, on social media, and wholesaling to other Fair Trade retailers as appropriate.
7. Monitor the progress and process of local impact projects, creating measurable goals which demonstrate success. Products and relationships will be subject to review annually for continued evaluation and renewal.
To get started, please fill out our intake form here: Global Gifts Local Impact Initiatives Application
Read the full program charter here: Global Gifts Local Impact Initiatives Charter