Fair Trade Father's Day Gifts for These 16 Types of Dads
We know dads can be hard to shop for sometimes, so this Father’s Day we wanted to make it easy for you. We’ve put together the ultimate guide to Fair Trade Father’s Day gifts – no matter what type of dad you’re celebrating. From the eco-warrior to the grill master, here are the best Fair-Trade gifts for these 16 types of dads:
1. The Athlete
For the dad who’d rather be on the field than on the couch.
- Bike frame | $39 – Showcase a photo of your dad in action! Made from recycled bike chains.
- Blossom string doll | $11 - Helps you stay sharp and live a long life.
- Sandalwood soap | $6 – After a workout, all dads need a strong soap with a clean scent.
2. The Tech Whisperer
For the dad who always knows when to restart the router.
- Circuit board keepsake box | $20 – A place for pops to store those secret wifi passwords or flash drives full of family photos.
- Circuit board frame | $24 – Put a photo of you and your dad inside for a perfect gift.
- Circuit board clipboard | $18 – To-do lists look a lot more fun clipped to this Circuit Board clipboard. Made from repurposed, pre-consumer computer circuit boards with an MDF base. You may not know what that means – but dad will!
3. The Garden Guru
These gifts are perfect for the dads who love spending Father’s Day in the garden.
- Socks that plant trees | $17 - Each pair of socks plants 10 trees in Uganda through Trees for the Future.
- Terra cotta globe planter | $29 – A classic addition to any garden arrangement.
- Homestead Birdhouse | $39 – Help your neighborhood birds feel right at home.
- Bamboo Coconut Chimes | $19 – Soothing musical sounds to make your pop’s garden experience extra peaceful.
4. The Cocktail King
For the boozy brunchers, beverage curators, and designated bartenders.
- Blackbuck bottle opener | $34 – Win the hearts of those hard-to-shop-for, austere home decorators with this utilitarian wall décor.
- Whiskey/beer/wine tasting pocket journal | $13 – 64-page tasting journal with 100% tree-free recycled cotton paper.
- Phoenician swirled glass tumbler | $24 – Unique glasses to show off your father’s fancy beverages.
5. The Frequent Flyer
If the fathers in your life are on the road a lot, try these travel themed Father's Day gifts!
- Cotton block print backpack | $32 – You father can keep his carry-on items in this colorful tote, made comfier with padded adjustable straps.
- Leather passport cover | $16 – Your dad’s most essential travel item deserves stylish, inspired protection.
- Leather travel journal | $39 - To record his itinerary, travel plans, and notes from the roads.
6. The Handyman
These gifts go out to the handy fathers in our lives who can always make things right.
- Socks that build homes | $17 – Each pair of socks will donate $1 to Habitat for Humanity.
- Heart in progress Kisii stone | $4 - Designed to encourage you to embrace a work in progress.
- Tree of Life Coasters | $34 – Pay homage to your dad’s handiwork with these beautiful Shesham coasters made in Saharanpur, India, a traditional center of woodworking.
7. The Outdoor Enthusiast
Hit the trails (or the back deck) with your dad this Father’s Day. Virtually if necessary.
- Rustic Basket Birdhouse | $19 – Bring the wildlife to you with this natural birdhouse.
- Socks that protect the rainforests | $17 - A portion of the proceeds from these socks go toward Conservation International and their work to protect our rainforests.
- Outdoor citronella 4oz candles | $10 - So you can enjoy the outdoors with your pops, in peace.
8. The Eco-Warrior
If your dad taught you to respect Mother Earth, he’ll love these Fair Trade gifts.
- Socks that protect the oceans | $17 – A portion of the proceeds from these socks go toward Oceana and their ocean conservation efforts.
- Climate change is real rock | $10 – Set your words (or dad’s words) in stone with this soapstone rock.
- Reusable bamboo straw set or utensils set | $16 each – Help dad get his takeaway without the waste.
- Essential Companion Shopping Tote | $39 – Made from palm leaves and adorned with leather carrying straps, this tote makes it easy to ditch plastic bags and be more eco-friendly at the store.
9. The Head Chef
Keeping the family fed can be a thankless job. Show your appreciation with these Fair Trade foodie faves.
- Socks that feed children | $17 - Each pair of socks donates 3 meals to malnourished children through the work of Action Against Hunger.
- Reversible elephant apron | $39 - Feeding hungry mouths is messy work. Help dad protect his clothes with this fun apron.
- Chili Sauce Black Mamba Chipotle | $7 – Can your dad handle the heat? There’s only one way to find out.
- Coffee wood measuring spoon set | $27 - A set of four measuring spoons suited for any recipe.
10. The Corporate Captain
If your dad works a 9-5, he might just need these gifts.
- Blue Daisy button down | $59 – Made from 100% soft breathable cotton, your dad will be comfy all day.
- Socks that fight poverty | $17 – One dollar from every pair of socks goes to Global Citizen for their work on abolishing poverty.
- Monet string doll | $11 - ensures you make a positive impression on anyone you meet
- Just Haiti dark roast whole bean coffee | $14 - You know what to do.
11. The New Dad
All dads have been there once – show your solidarity with these gifts that will bring a smile (or sigh of relief) to the face of any new father.
- Socks that provide relief | $17 - Parenting is hard. Being a new parent is harder. Send some “relief” with these socks.
- Rosa Parks string doll | $11 – This string doll reminds you to never be fearful if what you’re doing is right. Important for new parents.
- Ethiopia Medium Roast Ground Coffee | $16 - When you’re short on time, go with ground.
12. The Bookworm
“He that loves reading has everything within his reach.” The bibliophile fathers will fawn over these gifts, best enjoyed with a good book in hand.
- Socks that give books | $17 – A purchase of these socks donates $1 to Room to Read.
- Wooden nose eyeglass holder $19 - So he never loses his reading glasses again.
- African Chai tea 4.1oz tin | $14 - Books are just better when accompanied by a cup of tea.
- Asking for elephants | $15 - Photos and essays take you along with Mary Ann and Daniel, friends who decided to bicycle from the Himalayas in the far north of India all the way to the southern tip of the subcontinent.
13. The Artist
When your pops is a proper Picasso, you need just the work of art to say “thanks!”. We’ve got you covered.
- Juniper button down | $59 – A classy yet colorful button down shirt perfect for the dad with a big personality.
- Tabithas string doll | $11 - Makes sure you always remain a free spirit.
- Leather musings journal | $39 - To help your dad work through his best creative ideas.
14. The Activist
If your father taught you to fight for what you believe in, try these Fair Trade gifts you can guarantee are ethically made.
- Mens humanitarian sock gift box | $49 – This triple pack supports the movements to end Malaria, prevent HIV, and provide disaster relief. For the dad who does it all.
- Fredrick Douglass string doll | $11 - “If there is no struggle there is no progress.”
- Black Lives Matter, Immigrants Welcome, or Fiercely Feminist rocks | $10 – Choose a rock to celebrate the causes your dad loves best.
15. The Animal Lover
Does your dad love dogs? Or cats? Owls? Polar bears? Even cheetahs? We’ve got a Father’s Day gift for that.
- Socks that protect *insert dad’s fave animal here* | $17 each – proceeds from each sock purchase go toward charities which protect our favorite creatures.
- Elephant Chulucanas figurine | $34 – This classy Ellie was crafted in a Peruvian town famous for their black and white pottery - a great Father’s Day gift for a sophisticated dad.
- Cat prints coffee mug | $20 – Mornings are hard, but cats and coffee make them better.
16. The Scientist
These gifts are perfect for the dads who are saving the world from the laboratory.
- Mortar & pestle | $22 – For grinding up scientific specimens. Or for baking (which is kind of a science, right?)
- Avni handmade leather journal | $39 – To record scientific inquiries and findings and inventions.