Indianapolis, IN (Mass Ave)
Put your passion to work while you learn about the Fair Trade movement! Incorporated in Indiana since 1988, Global Gifts is a nonprofit business committed to creating sustainable economic opportunities and safe and equitable working conditions for disadvantaged artisans and farmers around the world by:
- Providing vital fair income and employment for people of limited opportunity;
- Marketing ethically produced and ethically obtained handmade products;
- Respecting cultural identity and educating the public about the cultures and traditions associated with items we sell; and
- Helping consumers spend their shopping dollars in ways that support marginalized communities and environmental sustainability through the principles of Fair Trade.
We are committed to growing into a more inclusive and diverse community. BIPOC and LGBTQ+ people are greatly encouraged to apply. Read more about our Diversity and Inclusion goals here.
Associates in this position will be customer service orientated and foster a fun and welcoming environment that celebrates the social impact of the organization.
AT OUR BLOOMINGTON LOCATION:
We are looking for a part-time Sales Associate who can work 15-20 hours per week with weekend and evening availability. Hourly rate starts at 12/hr.
AT OUR MASS AVE LOCATION:
We are looking for a part-time Sales Associate who can work 15-25 hours per week with weekend and evening availability. Hourly rate starts at 12/hr.
Sales Associate responsibilities include:
- Customer Service
- Anticipating customer needs through gift wrapping, special order, shopping assistance, etc.
- Educating new customers about our mission and fair trade.
- Shipment Processing
- Receiving new orders through our inventory system.
- Store Display Assistance
- Ensure store sections are merchandized in an “easy to shop” standard.
- Volunteer Duties
- Train and mentor volunteer team.
- Commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Willingness to learn and communicate about human right issues
- Competence in serving a diverse customer base
- Other Duties As Assigned
Sales Associate requirements are:
- Retail sales or Customer Service experience preferred.
- Ability and desire to work and interact with a diverse group of volunteers and customers.
- The ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Takes initiative and works well on solo projects as well as collaborating with others.
- Excel and data management skills a plus.
Please submit resume to Dianna Norris, ([email protected]) to apply at our Indianapolis, Indiana location.