Global Gifts seeks a full-time manager to operate a fair trade retail store in Columbus, Ohio. An ideal candidate will have at least 3 years retail management experience, will be an enthusiastic supporter of fair trade and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate past success in their work.
- Have excellent communication and people skills and be able to work with a diverse group of paid staff, community volunteers, and students.
- Demonstrate creativity and organizational skills in project and event management.
- Be goal oriented and able to create and follow a work plan.
- Be able to work creatively with limited resources.
- Be able to work weekends.
- Be able to build strong relationships within the neighborhood, with religious groups and with the nonprofit and educational community.
Manager job responsibilities include:
- Sales, customer service, and educating customers about fair trade.
- Ordering and inventory management of merchandise.
- Ordering and maintaining support supplies and equipment necessary for the operation of the store (i.e. cleaning supplies, computer and other electronic equipment upkeep, lighting fixtures in good working order, . . .).
- Scheduling staff, and volunteers to insure store is fully covered at all times.
- Creating, changing, and maintaining attractive merchandise displays within Global Gifts’ visual merchandising guidelines.
- Regular processing of funds and providing regular financial reports to bookkeeper and executive director.
- Regular recruitment and training of volunteers with an emphasis on customer service.
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism among store staff and volunteers.
- Hiring, training, and managing part-time support staff.
- Organizing and promoting regular events designed to increase store traffic and purchases.
- Coordinating and communicating with other Global Gifts stores in the areas of best practices, inventory management, and events.
- Attending staff training events and all organization events.
- Other duties as needed.
This position reports to the Executive Director and will work in partnership with other Global Gifts stores and operations. The manager will also need to be able to work independently. The manager can expect to work Saturdays on a regular basis and some Sundays. Extended store hours occur in November and December and for special events. Global Gifts, a 501(c) (3) nonprofit fair trade organization, is experiencing significant growth and operates three retail stores in Central Indiana and is opening a fourth location in Columbus, OH. Position includes a generous benefits package. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Columbus” in the subject line of your email.
Full-time store manager
Join the fair trade movement. Global Gifts seeks a full-time manager to operate a fair trade retail store in Columbus, OH. Ideal candidates will have at least 3 years retail management experience, will be able to demonstrate past work success, will be an enthusiastic supporter of fair trade, and will enjoy working in a fast paced environment. Visit http://www.globalgiftsft.com/pages/careers a complete job description. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Columbus” in the subject line of your email.