A visit to Global Gifts is a unique experience. From jewelry and home goods to toys and food items, our stores are filled with handmade, one-of-a-kind items you won’t find anywhere else. But that’s not the best part...
At Global Gifts, our products are fair trade, which means that your purchase supports fair wages, gender equity and safe and dignified working conditions. Learn more about fair trade here.
Global Gifts is a locally-owned nonprofit organization with four locations in central Indiana and Ohio. We are supported by a small staff and a dedicated team of volunteers.
Global Gifts' products are purchased exclusively from fair trade vendors, so you can be confident that your purchases have been produced ethically and artisans have been paid a fair wage.
Our products come from artisans in more than 40 countries around the world, each with a unique story. We frequently update our in-store offerings, but you can count on these great items at all Global Gifts locations:
- Jewelry, scarves and accessories
- Handcrafted home décor
- Fair trade coffee, tea, and chocolate
- Holiday items
- Toys, games, and musical instruments
- Community shopping nights to benefit like-minded organizations
- Gift cards
- Special events, workshops and demonstrations
Stop into one of our four locations to discover all Global Gifts has to offer.
Global Gifts is committed to serving impoverished artisans and producers in the developing world by:
- Providing vital fair income and employment for people of limited opportunity;
- Marketing ethically produced and ethically obtained handmade products;
- Educating the public about the cultures and traditions associated with items we sell; and
- Helping consumers spend their shopping dollars in ways that benefit impoverished peoples around the world.
Global Gifts was founded in the early 1980s by several members of the Indianapolis First Mennonite Church. It began as a small initiative—selling crafts from the church basement and at house parties—but quickly expanded to include local bazaars and craft fairs. In 1988, the church established a nonprofit organization and opened a storefront on Michigan Road.
Global Gifts was a success from the beginning. Customers from across Indianapolis flocked in to purchase unique products from around the world and, by 2006, a second location was established on Mass Ave. In 2009, Global Gifts opened a third location in downtown Bloomington. A few years later, the fourth location was opened in Columbus, Ohio.