There’s far more to this exquisite chakra stone necklace and earring set than just beautiful jewelry! Handcrafted by Fair Trade artisans in India, each chakra is represented by semi-precious stones: amethyst, sapphire, blue topaz, peridot, citrine, carnelian, and garnet in a sterling silver setting.
But, what’s a “chakra,” you might be wondering?
According to Hindu traditions, the key to a healthy and balanced mind, body, and spirit lies in the chakras. If you've taken a yoga class, you may have engaged in chakra-balancing without even knowing it!
"Chakra" is a Sanskrit word that is difficult to translate, but refers to something that is cyclical or has a circular motion. In Hindu, yogic, and New Age spiritual practices, it is believed that there are 7 chakras—or energy centers—in the human body. These originate at the base of the spine and move up to the top of the head.
- Root Chakra: Located at the base of the spine, this chakra helps us stay grounded and centered.
- Sacral Chakra: At the lower abdomen, this connects us with the ability to accept other people and new experiences.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: In the upper abdomen/stomach, our sense of confidence and self-direction come from this chakra.
- Heart Chakra: Our ability to love-- both to give and receive love—is rooted in the heart chakra, at the center of the chest.
- Throat Chakra: At the literal throat, this chakra facilitates healthy communication and self-expression
- Third Eye Chakra: The ability to focus, imagine, and see the big picture are aided by this chakra, located between the eyes on the forehead.
Crown Chakra: And at the very top of the head, the Crown chakra supports spiritual connection.
When the chakras are lined up and open, there is a continuous flow of life-force energy cycling through bringing optimum physical, mental, and spiritual health. When one (or more) chakra is blocked, illness may be the result.
To open and balance the chakras and keep the life-force energy (or prana) moving easily through the body, people use methods including: breath techniques, visualization, specific yoga poses, and meditation.
One meditation tool is the mala. Malas are formed by beads strung together which can be worn as a bracelet or necklace. Each bead of the mala is touched while breathing and focusing on a specific word, affirmation, or chakra.
Wrist malas crafted to correspond to each chakra are available from dZi, a Fair Trade supplier of handmade goods from artisans in Nepal. Each wrist mala is sustainably sourced from water buffalo bone and is cruelty free. Information included with wrist malas contain specific focus and affirmation.
Come to Global Gifts for the sterling silver chakra necklace and earring set or choose a chakra wrist mala paired with your favorite Fair Trade incense for a centered and balanced 2017!